Cornbread Spinach Cheese Bites are an easy make-ahead appetizer using frozen spinach, boxed corn muffin mix, eggs, blue cheese dressing, and cheese. Don’t miss this easy video recipe.
I can’t remember the first time I had Cornbread Spinach Cheese Bites, but I can tell you they were part of every holiday we had when I was growing up. My Mom was a fantastic cook but she also liked the convenience of some packaged food to help speed the preparation. That’s exactly what this recipe is made of – easy convenience foods that you probably have in your pantry and refrigerator.
Easy Make-Ahead Recipe
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that you can make it up to three weeks ahead of time. Of course, you’ll need to freeze them.
- Follow the recipe and bake the spinach cheese bites.
- Cool them completely.
- Place them in a ziptop bag and freeze them for up to one month.
- To thaw, remove them from the freezer, and place them in the refrigerator overnight.
- To reheat, bake them for 5-7 minutes at 325° in your oven or toaster oven.
Krazy kitchen mom tips
- I use a small melon baller to make the bite-sized spinach balls. I spray it with non-stick cooking spray, scoop out a small amount of the mixture, roll it into a small ball and place them on my cookie sheet. I can get 6 rows of 5 on one cookie sheet which comes out to 30 balls. This recipe makes 60 of the small bites.
- Be sure to use homemade or high-quality blue cheese dressing in this mix. It only uses a 1/2 cup, but don’t worry it won’t go to waste. Just use the leftover blue cheese dressing as a dip when you serve them. Here’s the link to my crazy good Blue Cheese Salad Dressing.
- These make a crazy good snack. If you have frozen them just take a couple of them out of the freezer and microwave them for 45 seconds.
Easy step-by-step video:
more holiday recipes:
- Gingersnap Truffles – No-bake, 3 ingredients, it doesn’t get any easier.
- Three Cheese Cranberry Flatbread – Not only is this flatbread delicious, but it’s also beautiful. Your family and friends will be thrilled.
- Cranberry Margarita – A festive margarita made with cranberry juice.
- Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes – Creamy, cheesy and delicious.
- Red Wine Hot Chocolate – This drink is a real treat! A real cozy treat!
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites (air fryer recipe)- Keeping it healthy, this recipe will have you coming back for more.
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies – These cookies have just a little spice mixed with the delicious. rich chocolate.
Cornbread Spinach Cheese Bites are an easy make-ahead appetizer or treat using frozen spinach, boxed corn muffin mix, and cheese. They also freeze great.
- 1 box frozen chopped spinach – drained and water squeezed out
- 2 eggs
- 3 oz. melted butter
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl mix together, add eggs, butter, and blue cheese dressing.
- Add spices, parmesan cheese, and Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix.
- Add spinach and cheddar cheese.
- Mix well.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a spoon, make small balls with the dough.
- Place dough on a parchment covered cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing.
These freeze very well. Once they are completely cooled, place them in a zip-top bag in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: holiday appetizer, appetizer, spinach balls