Spatchcock means to split a game bird in half or butterfly it so it cooks evenly and quicker. This video will show you how to cook a spatchcock chicken.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/2 cup dry seasoning mix of your choice (we use a Bahamian Jerk Blackening seasoning)
- Spatchcock the chicken or cut it in half. (See How to Spatchcock a Chicken @ krazykitchmon.com)
- Using 1/4 cup of the seasoning, liberally sprinkle seasoning on both sides of the chicken.
- Place it in a zip top bag and let it marinate for a minimum of 8 hours up to 24 hours.
- Heat BBQ grill to medium high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and use the remaining 1/4 cup seasoning to season the chicken again.
- Place the chicken side-side down on the grill and cook for 10-15 minutes (check at 10 minutes) until it is dark brown and crispy.
- Turn the chicken over and cook for anther 10-15 minutes (checking again at 10 minutes).
- Move the chicken to indirect heat on the grill and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook for 25-35 minutes or an internal temperature of 165°.
- Remove the chicken from the grill, tent with foil and let sit for 10-15 minutes.