This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
The Columbian Style Hot Dog is made with simple ingredients including pineapple, pink sauce and potato chips. This is a must try hot dog at your next cookout.
This hot dog came to me in a dream. Actually, it came to me in a small local brewery and pub in Sedona AZ from the Colombian Hot Dog Man.
We first had these at a local brewery in Sedona AZ from the Colombian Hot Dog Man who had a special little set-up in the pub. The thought of these toppings made us a little shy at first but we thought, what the heck – why not? OH MY the taste was amazing. We couldn’t wait to get home and recreate these great flavors.
Our family had the same reaction we did when we told them what we were having one Friday evening. But the Columbian style hot dog did it again – it won over their taste buds and now they are Colombian hot dog lovers too.
If you ever get to Sedona AZ you must visit and eat at Simon’s Hot Dogs located in the Oak Creek Brew Company.
If you like this recipe, you will also like Fried Rice Pineapple Boat.
Columbian Style Hot Dog
- 4 top-split hot dog buns
- 4 hot dogs
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple - juices drained
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 12-15 potato chips
- Grill or boil hot dog.
- Grill hot dog bun if desired
- While the dot hogs are cooking, mix together the mayonnaise and ketchup for the "pink sauce".
- Start with the bun
- Add hot dog
- Add 1 tbsp crushed pineapple on top of each hot dog
- Divide the cheese equally on top of each hot dog.
- Add a handful of crushed potato chips to the top of each hot dog.
- Drizzle them with the "pink sauce".
I would never think of putting those ingredients together, but it actually sounds delicious! I’m a fan of Hawaiian pizza and combining savory and sweet, so why not!
Thanks Darcie! If you like Hawaiian pizza, you will certainly like this hot dog.