Classic Ruben Sliders have all of the classic deli-style Ruben ingredients on a sweet Hawaiian roll, brushed with melted butter and topped with a bit of sea salt.
- 1 package of sweet Hawaiian rolls (12 rolls)
- 2 cups shredded corned beef (see my Instant Pot Corned Beef recipe)
- 12 slices of good deli thick cut swiss cheese
- 1 cup of store-bought sauerkraut – drained with juices squeezed out
- 4 TBS thousand island salad dressing – store-bought or homemade
- 2 TBS butter (I use salted butter) – melted
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Slice rolls in half like a sandwich, but keeping them all together and do not break them apart. You will have 1 top and 1 bottom.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls on a cookie sheet.
- Spread the entire bottom half with thousand island dressing.
- Add 6 slices of cheese spread evenly to cover the entire bottom.
- Top with the corned beef.
- Next, add the sauerkraut.
- Top everything with the remaining 6 slices of cheese, again, spread evenly.
- Place the top roll on top so you have one large sandwich.
- Brush the large sandwich top with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the sea salt over the butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow it to cool for 3-4 minutes before cutting into individual rolls as individual sandwiches.