We are starting the celebration early with Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Brunch skillet with baked eggs over hashbrowns. It’s packed with bold flavors and colors!
- 1 bag of refrigerated hash browns
- ½ onion – diced
- ½ red pepper – diced
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ stick of butter
- 4 TBS sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Cojita cheese
- 1/2 cup Grilled corn
- Avocado – sliced
- 1 cup Fresh salsa
- 1 lime – quartered
- 1–2 Jalapeno peppers – seeds removed and sliced
- Banana peppers
- Soft Tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- In an oven safe skillet* or cast iron skillet, add olive oil, onions and pepper; cook on stove top or 4-5 minutes.
- While the onions/peppers are cooking mix together hash browns and sour cream and salt and pepper.
- Add butter to skillet with onions and peppers until it melts.
- Add hash brown mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes; until brown.
- While the hash browns are baking; prepare small dishes or a platter with the sides – cheese, avocado, salsa, lime and peppers.
- When hash browns are done, remove from oven and carve out three holes using a spoon to make the indent.
- Crack eggs into the three holes and return the pan to the oven.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Serve with warm soft tortilla and sides.
*If you have a skillet that has a plastic handle, simply wrap the handle in foil so the handle doesn’t melt and now you can use it in the oven.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes