These little one-bite (that would be a big one-bite) goodies are my nostalgic Christmas. My Mom only made these at the holidays and I have adopted that tradition. Chocolate Butterscotch Bird Nests are rich, crunchy, nutty and no bake!
When you make these, be ready for a big batch because that’s what they yield. I also make sure I have plenty of room in the refrigerator before I begin because that’s where they need to sit for a couple of hours. But no matter how much room I think I need, I always end up shifting things around to make even more room.
Chocolate Butterscotch Bird Nests are a great gift item for your office mates or school friends. I seriously have never met anyone who hasn’t loved these!
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 bag butterscotch morsels
- 1 16 oz. jar dry roasted (salted) nuts
- 1 12 oz. bag chow mien noodles (I use La Choy)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Pour chocolate and butterscotch morsels into a very large microwave proof bowl.
- Heat morsels for 2 minutes; remove an stir.
- Continue in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until they are melted and shiny.
- Carefully stir in peanuts and chow mien noodles.
- Scoop spoonful of the mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- These can be stored for up to one week in zip top bags in the refrigerator.