Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Healthy
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1–2 chicken grilled chicken breast cut into small pieces (you can also use rotisserie chicken)
- 3/4 cup of frozen peas – thawed
- 1/3 grated gruyere cheese (feel free to use more if you like it really cheesy)
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut squash in half length-wise.
- Remove seeds and loose strings with a spoon and discard.
- Rub insides of both halves with olive oil and add salt and pepper.
- Place both halves face down in a baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
- After baking, cool for 10 minutes so you do not burn yourself pulling the cooked squash from the sides of the shell.
- Use a fork and gentle pull the squash strings from the all side, leaving them loose in each shell.
- Stir in equal parts of the chicken and peas and tops with cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to oven and bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese melts.