If you haven’t tried Spaghetti Squash or are looking for a new way to serve it, I have the perfect recipe for you – Stuffed Spaghetti Squash. I have been trying to focus on some healthier dinners and since we love Spaghetti Squash I came up with this yummy Stuffed Spaghetti Squash filled with chicken, peas and cheese.
The toughest part of making this dish is actually cutting the squash in half. Once you’ve muscled through that, it’s a breeze. I think next time, I’ll have Vince do the heaving cutting and I can do the fun filling. The first thing you need to do is to bake the squash with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Once it’s baked, simply use a fork to pull the amazing stringy flesh from the shell. I then fill the Spaghetti Squash, with grilled chicken and peas and top it lightly with cheese. Yum! Stuffed Spaghetti Squash!
Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- Category: Healthy
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1-2 chicken grilled chicken breast cut into small pieces (you can also use rotisserie chicken)
- 3/4 cup of frozen peas – thawed
- 1/3 grated gruyere cheese (feel free to use more if you like it really cheesy)
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut squash in half length-wise.
- Remove seeds and loose strings with a spoon and discard.
- Rub insides of both halves with olive oil and add salt and pepper.
- Place both halves face down in a baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
- After baking, cool for 10 minutes so you do not burn yourself pulling the cooked squash from the sides of the shell.
- Use a fork and gentle pull the squash strings from the all side, leaving them loose in each shell.
- Stir in equal parts of the chicken and peas and tops with cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to oven and bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese melts.