Beefy cheesy Cheeseburger Stuffed French Bread is perfect for Game Day. Easy to serve and easy to eat because the ketchup and mustard are already cooked in with the ground beef.
- 1–1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBS ketchup
- 1 TBS yellow mustard
- 1 TBS salt
- 1 TBS black pepper
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 6–8 slices of deli-style Amercian or cheddar cheese
- Diced tomato for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Carefully cut out the center of the French bread leaving about a 1-inch ridge at each end.
- In a large stove top skillet, brown the onion in olive oil.
- Add the ground beef and cook until it is fully browned.
- Pour off any excess liquid.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Stuff meat mixture into the opening in the top of the bread, pressing down firmly to fill the entire cavity and use all of the meat.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Uncover and add cheese slices to the top.
- Bake for another 10 minutes, until cheese is melty.
- Slice to serve.
- Garnish with tomatoes.