Cheddar Cheese Shortbread
You can’t lose with an appetizer that has cheese and shortbread in the name. Cheddar Cheese Shortbreads can be made ahead and frozen. Thaw and bake when you’re ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen shortbreads 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese – room temperature
- 2 sticks butter – room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cheese and butter with a stand or hand mixture.
- Add flour 1/2 cup at a time.
- Add salt, dry mustard, and cayenne pepper – mix until all incorporated.
- Roll dough into small balls (golf ball or smaller size); place on a baking sheet covered with parchment or a non-stick baking pad.
- Press each small ball with a small glass or a shot glass to flatten and make a consistent size.
- Bake for 15-19 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
This dough can be prepared ahead of time and frozen for up to 3 weeks.