Ooey gooey homemade Butterscotch Skillet Blondies topped with vanilla ice cream are a treat for kids and adults of all ages.
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine (1–1/2 sticks) – Room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 11 oz bag of butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- With a hand mixer or in a stand mixer, mix together both sugars, eggs, butter, and vanilla for 3 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda (I add four 1/2 cup at a time)
- Stir in butterscotch chips.
- Spread into a cast iron skillet or a baking dish. (I use a 9 inch cast iron skillet.)
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American