This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Making homemade pasta is not difficult, just a bit time consuming depending on what type you are making. I love to make stuffed pasta and nothing is better than butternut squash stuffed ravioli. I toss these in a brown butter sauce and sever them as an appetizer or a side with a steak dinner – delish!
- Butternut Squash Filling: 2 cups butternut squash – diced
- 3 TBS butter
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese – grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Pasta: ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup semolina flour
- 2 TBS water
- 2 TBS olive oil
- Three eggs
- Butternut Squash Filing: Melt butter and olive oil in stovetop pan
- Add squash – bring to boil and then simmer until fully cooked and soft.
- Using a blender or an immersion blender, puree squash (add a bit of water if it is too dry).
- Stir in parmesan cheese and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- You can also make this a day or two ahead and keep covered in refrigerator.
- Fresh Pasta: Mix all ingredients in stand mixer until a ball is formed.
- Knead dough on semolina flour dusted tabletop until it is not sticky.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Butternut Squash Ravioli: Place squash puree into a zip top bag and snip off one corner to create a piping bag and set aside.
- Use a ravioli cutter (or cut your own) to make the ravioli squares.
- Pipe squash puree onto one side of ravioli square.
- Top with other side of pasta and seal sides with water.
- Place ravioli’s on a cookie sheet covered in semolina flour and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- To cook: boil a large pot of salted water.
- Place ravioli into boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Ravioli will float to the top when they are finished.