I’ve always been a little picky about Pumpkin Pie and because of this I have tested several ways to change it a bit. This year I have a true winner.
I have a couple of secret ingredients that really bring out the pumpkin flavorand add richness to this creamy delicious tart. I’m really good at keeping secrets but I’m gonna go out on a limb here and share this one with you…I added cream cheese AND Butter Pecan flavored coffee creamer to the mix.
I made a crushed gingersnap and toasted almond granola to top the cooled tarts with and to add that extra little crunch. My son smothered his tart with whipped cream and then piled it high with the granola and that works too!
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz. cream cheese – softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 15 oz. can Pumpkin
- 3/4 cup Butter Pecan flavored coffee creamer
- 1 prepared or store bought pie crust
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place pie crust into pie ban.
- Mix all ingredients and pour into pie pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature for 400 and cook for another 45 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream or crushed ginger snap cookies.