Bow Tie Spinach and Pasta Salad is made with Farfalle pasta, fresh baby spinach, mandarin oranges, and toasted walnuts with an Asian ginger dressing.
- 1/2 of a 1lb. box of Farfalle pasta – cooked per the box instructions and cooled to room temperature.
- 1 5-ounce container of fresh baby spinach
- 1 15-ounce can of Mandarine oranges
- 2 TBS of the juice from the can of Mandarine oranges
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar (substitution: white vinegar)
- 1 TBS Avage (substitution: honey)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 TSB sesame oil
- Dash of fish sauce (optional)
- Toasted pecan pieces
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Cook pasta per direcitons on the box.
- Let sit until room temperature.
- Drain Mandarian oranges but save 2 TBS of the juice.
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ground ginger, agave, mandarine orane juice, fish sauce, and olive oil.
- Toss pasta, and spinach together.
- Add Mandarian oranges.
- Add 1/2 of the ginger dressing.
- Garnish with toasted pecans.
Save the remaining dressing and use it if you are making this ahead of time or having leftovers as the pasta will soak up the dressing and you will want more.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Easy Recipes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pasta salad