I love using the combination of plain Greek yogurt and fruit. Something about the tangy yogurt and the sweetness of fresh fruit, with a little bit of honey, seems decadent and is really is a great way to quench that sweet tooth. It’s also very light and serves as a bright treat after a heavy meal.
So I dare you – no I double dare you to make this as soon as possible. A few simple steps in this recipe will be well worth it! And while we had this for dessert, I must confess that I ate one for breakfast too.
- 1 pint of blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large TBS lemon curd
- For Blueberry Sauce – Mix blueberries, sugar and lemon juice in a stove-top pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes at medium heat – watch the berries carefully so they don’t burn.
- It’s best to cool and refrigerate the blueberry sauce for 1-2 hours, but if you need to you can cool for 15-20 minutes in refrigerator before adding to yogurt.
- For the yogurt – Add yogurt and lemon curd together in a bowl.
- Using a hand-mixer, mix until blended and smooth.
- To assemble – place a thin layer of yogurt mixture in dish.
- Next add about four little dollops of blueberry mixture on top of the yogurt.
- Repeat the layers.
- Using a toothpick or the handle of a long spoon, swirl the mixture so the blueberries and yogurt make a pretty swirl. ENJOY!