If you love blueberries, you’re going to love my Blueberry Pancakes with Blueberry Lemon Syrup recipe. Loaded with fresh blueberries with just the right “zing” from the lemon.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 TBS sugar
- 2 TBS baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2–3 TBS butter
- Extra butter for serving
For the Syrup
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/8 cup sugar
- Zest and juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 TBS black chia seeds (optional)
For the Pancakes
- Mix the four, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg and milk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient and mix it together.
- Let the batter sit on the countertop for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray or add a little butter.
- Turn the heat on medium to low heat.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, spoon the batter into the skillet. (I usually make these in batches of three pancakes at a time.)
- When you see large holes start to form on the top of the pancakes, you’ll know they are ready to flip.
- As each batch is done, place them on a cookie sheet or plate in the 200° oven to keep them warm until serving.
For the Syrup
- Place the berries, sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a small stove top pan.
- Bring it to a boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce it to a simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the chia seeds.
- Category: Breakfast and Brunch
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American