Last week I was extra craving something chocolatey and decedent. Have you ever felt this way and just stood there in front of the refrigerator peering in or rummaging through the pantry to find the perfect treat to tame that craving? Yea – I’m guilty as charged! But since I usually have an array of boxed cake and brownie mixes and I had the time to whip up something that would curb my need for sweets, I reached for the brownie mix.
I could smell the brownies baking the to perfect chewy gooeyness, which, by the way, is one of the best aromas that could ever come out of your kitchen. So I cut a nice corner piece right when they came out of the oven because I can never wait for them to cool down. Let’s face it – I was craving them!
Later that afternoon when I went to cut the cooled brownies, I cut them very small thinking I could make little no-guily pieces of rich chocolate. And that’s what I did but as usual, I went into overload and thought I can make these boxed brownies something very special and that’s exactly what I did with Birthday Brownie Trifle.
Birthday Brownie Trifle
This is perfect to make with left over brownies – that is if you ever have left over brownies.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 1 pan of brownies – either homemade or box made
- 1 14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 tub cool whip – slightly thawed
- 1/2 pint strawberries – sliced and diced small
- 1 TBS freeze dried strawberries that have been mixed to a dust in the blender (this is optional, but it adds a more intense strawberry flavor).
- 1 whole strawberry for garnish
- Cut or break brownies into small pieces and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat condensed milk and dried strawberry dust for about 2 minutes.
- Fold in Cool Whip and strawberries.
- In a large glass bowl, layer brownies, Cool Whip/strawberry mixture and repeat.
- Top with fresh strawberries and sprinkles.