Roll up your sleeves because you are going to want to dig into these Big Mac Sloppy Joes with both hands. The recipe comes together in under 15 minutes and it tastes EXACTLY like a Big Mac!
For the Sandwich
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns
- 2 TBS butter
- 1–1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 onion – diced
- 1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 4 TBS Big Mac sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 8-ounce bag of shredded lettuce
- 12 bread and butter pickles (or more if you desire)
For the Big Mac Sauce
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise – I used Hellman’s brand
- 2 TBS sweet pickle relish
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1–1/2 TBS ketchup
- 1 TBS yellow mustard
- 1 TBS white sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
To Make the Sauce
- Mix all of the ingredient together in a bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit in the refrigerator.
For the Sandwich
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Butter the tops and bottoms of the buns.
- Broil them until they are golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and set them aside.
- Turn off oven.
- Brown the ground beef in a large stove-top skillet
- When it is half way cooked, add the diced onions and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook the meat and onions until the beef is browned.
- Pour off the excess liquid.
- Turn the burner on medium low.
- Salt and pepper the sloppy joe mixture.
- Stir in 4 TBS of the Big Mac sauce.
- Stir in the shredded cheese.
- Stir the sloppy joe mixture until the cheese if melted.
To Assemble the Sandwich
- Divide the remaining Big Mac sauce equality between the four buns by smearing it on the bottom half of each sandwich bun.
- Place 3-4 pickles on top of the sauce.
- Divide the shredded lettuce between the four sandwiches by placing it on top of the pickles.
- Divide the sloppy joe mixture between the four sandwiches and top with the top bun.
- Serve and eat immediately.
- Category: Sandwich/Burger
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: American