This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Roll up your sleeves because you are going to want to dig into these Big Mac Sloppy Joes with both hands. The recipe comes together in under 15 minutes and it tastes EXACTLY like a Big Mac!
What tastes exactly like a Big Mac but isn’t a Big Mac? YUP! Big Mac Sloppy Joes.
Big Mac Sloppy Joe INGREDIENTS
- Ground Beef
- Diced Onion
- Worchestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Big Mac Sauce – Not to worry – the recipe is below
- Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
Big Mac Sloppy Joes – it’s all about the sauce
Let’s face it, when it comes to the Big Mac, it’s all about the sauce. I had to play with the sauce ingredients and amounts a bit until I got it perfect. And I didn’t just trust myself to say it was perfect. I enlisted by my eager taste-tester husband who really helped me achieve the best tasting Big Mac sauce.
single-decker or double-decker?
If you look at my sandwich you can see that I made it a single-decker sandwich but really loaded it full of Big Mac sloppy joe mix, big handsful of shredded lettuce, pickles, and of course, Big Mac sauce – so I am pretty much OK with it being a single-decker.
If you’d prefer a double-decker, feel free to use a second bun half to make that middle layer of bread/bun.
Krazy Kitchen Mom Tips
- I buttered the inside of my buns and then toasted them in the broiler to give the sandwich a little crunch. I highly recommend that you do the same.
- A traditional Big Mac burger is served on a sesame seed but which is another thing that I highly recommend. It gives the sandwich a more authentic taste.
- I used bread and butter pickles. Unfortunately, I didn’t have any round bread and butter pickles, but I did have long sliced bread and butter pickles so I simply sliced them into square pickle bites.
Big Mac Sloppy Joes
For the Sandwich
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns
- 2 TBS butter
- 1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 onion - diced
- 1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 4 TBS Big Mac sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 8- ounce bag of shredded lettuce
- 12 bread and butter pickles or more if you desire
For the Big Mac Sauce
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise - I used Hellman's brand
- 2 TBS sweet pickle relish
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 TBS ketchup
- 1 TBS yellow mustard
- 1 TBS white sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
To Make the Sauce
- Mix all of the ingredient together in a bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit in the refrigerator.
For the Sandwich
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Butter the tops and bottoms of the buns.
- Broil them until they are golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and set them aside.
- Turn off oven.
- Brown the ground beef in a large stove-top skillet
- When it is half way cooked, add the diced onions and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook the meat and onions until the beef is browned.
- Pour off the excess liquid.
- Turn the burner on medium low.
- Salt and pepper the sloppy joe mixture.
- Stir in 4 TBS of the Big Mac sauce.
- Stir in the shredded cheese.
- Stir the sloppy joe mixture until the cheese if melted.
To Assemble the Sandwich
- Divide the remaining Big Mac sauce equality between the four buns by smearing it on the bottom half of each sandwich bun.
- Place 3-4 pickles on top of the sauce.
- Divide the shredded lettuce between the four sandwiches by placing it on top of the pickles.
- Divide the sloppy joe mixture between the four sandwiches and top with the top bun.
- Serve and eat immediately.