Beer Cheese Dip
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese – shredded
- 1/2 cup Gouda cheese – shredded
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese – shredded
- 1 bottle of dark German beer
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- Melt butter in a stove top pot.
- Add flour and cook on medium, continually stirring so that the roux does not burn but the flour flavor is cooked out of it.
- Add the cheeses one at a time, stirring until melted.
- Add the beer; continually stir until the liquid and cheeses melt together.
- Serve is a small crockpot or heated dish so the cheese stays melty.