- Yield: 2-3 1x
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
- 1 package of egg noodles – cooked per package instructions (save a little of the “pasta water” – it’s that little extra that goes in the gravy)
- 2 strip steaks – cut into cubes
- 1 large package of cremini or button mushrooms – cut into quarters or slices (you could also use an assortment)
- ½ large onion – diced
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 envelope of brown gravy mix
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- Flat leaf parsley (for garnish) – chopped
- Add oil and onions to a large stove top skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add steak cubes and brown on all sides.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook all together on medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until mushrooms start to cook down.
- While everything is cooking, prepare envelope of gravy mix per the package directions.
- Add the gravy to the pan, stir and cook for another 5 minutes until the gray is thick and creamy.
- If desired, add a tablespoon or two of the starchy noodle water but be careful not to thin the gravy too much. This is optional, of course.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from burner, add sour cream and stir until fully incorporated.
- Serve over cooked noodles and garnish with chopped parsley.