These Empanadas freeze nicely and can be eaten warm, at room temperature and even right out of the refrigerator.
- 2 boxes of refrigerated store-bought pie crust rolls.
- 1 lb. (1 package) Jennie-O Ground Turkey Breast
- 1/2 small onion – diced
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package low sodium dry taco seasoning
- 1 small can of green chilies
- 2 TBS salsa
- 1 egg – beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Take pie crust rolls out o the refrigerator and set aside.
To make the filling
- In a stove top skillet, add the olive oil and diced onion; sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the Jennie-O Ground Turkey Breast and brown with onions and olive oil.
- Add the can of green chiles, including the juices and stir.
- Add the dry taco seasoning and the salsa and stir.
- Cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
To make the Empanadas
- Roll out the pie crust on the counter, with a 4.5-inch cookie cutter or glass jar, cut out four large circles.
- Fill each circle with 2 TBS of the turkey mixture.
- Fold over one side of the pie crust and crimp edges with a fork to ensure they are sealed.
- Brush each empanada with egg and make two small slits in the top of each.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex