Baked Denver Omelets are a healthy make-ahead breakfast made with eggs, vegetables, and cheese. The perfect grab-and-go-breakfast any time.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup half n half
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey sausage
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced yellow bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Shredded cheese (as much or as little as you like)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Dice bell peppers and onion.
- Brown sausage in skillet; set aside when done.
- Add olive oil to skillet and heat on medium.
- Add diced bell peppers and onion.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add cooked sausage and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Mix eggs and half n half with a whisk; I whisk for about 3-4 minutes to add a lot of air to make these extra light and fluffy.
- Spray ramekins or muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Top with 2-3 teaspoons of the onions, peppers, and sausage.
- Pour egg mixture equally in each ramekin.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 35-46 minutes until they start to turn golden brown on the top and rise.
- Let them cool for 15 minutes before serving.