Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Goat Cheese are smoky, sweet, creamy. They are the perfect appetizer for a fancy party or a casual get together.
- 12–14 Madjool dates (pitted and cut in half)
- 1 4-ounce package of goat cheese ( I use the honey-flavored goat cheese)
- 6–7 slices of bacon
- 1–2 TBS honey
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°
- If the dates still have the pits, cut them in half and remove the pits. Discarge the pits.
- Once dates are cut in half, place about 1-2 teaspoons of goat cheese in the center of each dates.
- Cut the bacon pieces in half and wrap one half piece of bacon around the stuffed date.
- Place the date, seam-side down on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 35-37 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place on a serving platter and drizzle with honey and garnish with fresh parsley.
These can be served hot or at room temperature.
- Category: Appetizers and Snacks
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: holiday appetizer, NYE appetizer, fancy appetizer, goat cheese appetizer