Asian Rainbow Salad is filled with bright, crisp, fresh garden vegetables and tossed in a sweet and tart Asian style vinaigrette. Perfect for a summertime cookout or potluck.
There is something very therapeutic about this Asian Rainbow Salad for me. First, It’s chopping the vegetables. While I use a food processor to chop the and red cabbage, I use a small paring knife to chop the red, yellow and green bell peppers to the exact and consistent size (or as close as I can get them). I do cheat on the carrots because I use the pre-shredded carrots from my market.
Secondly, it’s the colors – I mean do I really! So bright, so vibrate. And then there is the crunch of the veggies when you eat them. So crisp they snap with each bite. And finally the sweet and tangy Asian dressing. Truly a taste sensation. This salad also stands up to the dressing, so go ahead and make it several hours before your going to serve it. The veggies will still be crispy and they will be filled with the delicious taste of the dressing.
If you like this salad, you’ll also like:
Asian Rainbow Salad
Asian Rainbow Salad is filled with bright, crisp, fresh garden vegetables and tossed in a sweet and tart Asian style vinaigrette.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: American
- 1 small head of red cabbage – chopped
- 1 red bell pepper – chopped
- 1 green bell pepper – chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper – chopped
- 1/2 bag shredded carrots
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 TBS agave or honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Juice and zest from one whole lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 TBS honey
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients or place them in a mason jar and shake them to mix.
- Add chopped vegetables to a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
Keywords: chopped salad, again-style salad, vegetarian