Apricot Brandy Glazed Pork Chops have just the right amount of sweetness and warmth with a touch of fresh woodsy rosemary herbs.
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 TBS and 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 apricots – seed removed/slice 3 in half and the other 3 in thin slices
- 4 oz. apricot brandy
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 oz. butter
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Heat stove top skillet or grill pan.
- Brush 3 apricot halves with olive oil.
- Grill apricots for about 3 minutes, until they get grill marks or start to brown.
- Set aside for garnish.
- Heat olive oil in a large stove top skillet.
- Salt and pepper pork chops on both sides
- Add chops to skillet and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side until they are golden brown.
- Remove chops from skillet and set aside.
- Deglaze pan by adding the apricot brandy and scrapping all of the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add chicken stock, rosemary and remaining sliced apricots and cook until the sauce reduces.
- Stir in the butter until it is mixed.
- Add the chops back to the pan, tent with foil and cook for another 5-7 minutes or an internal temperature of 145°.
- Garnish with grilled apricot halves.