Since I travel for business, a colleague of mine suggested that I add a page to my blog to share my favorite restaurants across the country. Brilliant idea!
- Picca Italian Kitchen & Bar – Address: 601 East Bay Street, Savannah, GA 31401. I went there with my friends Mary and Jerry. The atmosphere is casual – kind of neighborhood place. One of the best things I have ever put in my mouth was the Pumpkin Ravioli with roasted fennel and sage butter sauce. It was AMAZING.
- Gryphon Tea Room – Address: 337 Bull Street, Savannah, GA 31401. Having grown up in Europe for several years, I love high tea and this tea room was exactly how I remember high tea. The architecture and décor of the restaurant are classic – a time gone by. The tea room is run by SCAD – Savannah College of Art and Design. If you go, please be sure to engage your SCAD wait-person in dialogue about their art/design studies and focus. And do order the traditional “High Tea”.
- Churchill’s Pub serves the best Pimento Cheese Dip! It’s a great place to stop for a good brew and a snack.
- Historic Dublin Ohio is like stepping back in time and there is a great little restaurant right in the middle of it called Mezzo – Address: 12 W. Bridge Street, Dublin, OH 43017. I had a beet salad with goat cheese cream that was out of this world. And the salmon with a corn saffron risotto is something I would go back for everyday.
Delray Beach, Florida
- Lots of favorites here because it’s practically in our back yard.
- El Camino – The street tacos are the best! And all of the margaritas are made with fresh juice and agave. Go for Margarita Monday and Taco Tuesday. You can lose!
- 3rd and 3rd – Order the shrimp and chorizo and shrimp skewers.
- Tramonti – Arancini (risotto balls) and Bolognese.
- Brule Bistro – The menu changes frequently. Anything on the Specials board is fantastic.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Lake Worth, Florida
- Atlantic Bar and Grill at the Four Seasons Resort – Address: 2800 South Ocean, Palm Beach FL. Bask in the beauty of this little water-front restaurant serving great cocktails and food. I could literally sit here all day and enjoy the ocean breeze.
- Wine and Cheese Café – Address: 802 N Dixie Hwy, Lantana, Florida 33462. Speaks for its self – great wine, great cheese and great little neighborhood place.
- The Purple Pig – Address: 500 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. It’s easy to make new friends at the communal tables. But better than new friends was the succulent bone marrow. Great small plates for sharing and wonderful wine list.
- Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria – deep dish delish!